We are open in Saranac Lake, NY! The address of the training centre is:
48 Saint Bernard St.
Saranac Lake, NY 12983
PARKING: We do not have private parking rights at the training center, so please use the public parking area to the north of the training center, or park on St. Bernard street. We are currently using the entrance to the north to come into the fenced in yard, and the main door on the south (under the covered porch facing the lake).
ENTRANCE: Here’s a photo of how to enter the training center grounds –
The Mountain Hooves & Paws Training Center is located in Saranac Lake, NY. It is an old cure cottage built in the late 1800s and is going through the renovation process – so please know that it’s an ongoing (multi-year) process! We hope you see improvements from season to season as we move along.
We have two rooms opened up and available for training. The third room is also available as a backup for any dog who needs some additional space or is working on a separate task. We also have a bathroom for clients and a kitchen available for making tea and coffee, as well as storing lunch and snacks during seminars.
- Building Purchased in early November, 2017
- Renovations began in January, 2018
- Outside painting began in April, 2018
- Balsam Learning Centre officially approved as a small animal training center by the Village of Saranac Lake in April, 2018
- Social Walks classes began mid-May, 2018 (beginning in the front yard of the Balsam Learning Center)
- Two out of three rooms renovated and opened up to offer small group lessons in July, 2018
- Fencing mostly finished around outside of training centre in October, 2018
- House energy efficiencies including insulation and window sealing summer, 2019
- House exterior painting completed in summer, 2020